Monday, November 8, 2010

Why I have to be a naughty boy...

Our mothers taught us that it was rude to eavesdrop on other conversations; which is true – we should respect the privacy of others.

But I’ve found myself being a naughty boy... I find myself increasingly eavesdropping on others' conversations at events and conferences I attend (but how else will I find out who might be a useful person to get to know, and have identified Vivs Long-Ferguson of RSA fame?). And on-line we scream our conversations to the world through twitter, facebook, youtube, linkedin and others, desperate to have our conversations heard by others in hopes that they’ll join in and share their ideas and experiences to enrich our own...


So, sorry mum – but if I’m going to be able to get on in this world (professionally, at least) and find the people I need to help me change the world, I’m going to have to be a naughty boy and break some of your golden rules about good behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment